Saturday, November 11, 2006

11 days old

I had to ask what the date was to day, I had no idea what day of the week it was or the date today. 11 days old! He's got a Cartman chin now, he's podging out, according to Sarah the Goth they do this, and it is followed by a growth spurt and they go all skinny again and so on. The sleep suit Sarah Y bought him is already starting to be too short. He's worn it 3 times in the past 11 days, I keep washing it so he can wear it again. I reckon we might get one more night out of it.
Ali and Si came up to see us today, it was really nice to see them, Ali has been off the scene recovering from an operation so it's good to see her back to health. They thought Leon was cute, a given perhaps and contributed a very cute outfit to his wardrobe. Tob and I went through all the clothes this morning working out what was too small, to big, wrong season, ugly etc. If there's anything we are missing it's a coat that fits him now, the coat we have is 3-6 months and it's so big we just wrap it round him. We do have an all in one that will fit him in a month or so. There wasn't anything in Tescos when we looked, I might have a look in Adams on Monday or later on if I ever get out of Ely to any decent shops like Mothercare or Babiesrus in Cambridge. I can dream...
Back to this afternoon, we drove down to the Maltings for lunch with Ali and Si, I breastfed for the first time in public, it was all very discrete, he latched really quickly and I covered him and boob up with a muslin. No crying, no fumbling, very slick... this time! Not bad for a first time. Leon is getting quicker all the time at latching and the toe curling painful bit is virtually gone apart from the first couple of seconds when he does his 'I'm a vacuum cleaner'.
Then we walked up to town via the Cathedral, had a drink in Starbucks and walked back down via the Babylon Gallery, that's the furthest I've walked so far, I didn't feel like I had to sit down or fall down, we walked relatively fast too so I'm really feeling much better.
We are still getting used to getting out the house with what we need for Leon, him crying when we put him in the car seat, he usually quietens down once we are moving but it does make us tense when he's crying in the car. He settles well in the push chair, we are also getting the hang of what's enough layers, is he too warm, to cold or just right. Has he lost his booties? where is his other mitten? For a little fella, there's alot to get right!Apart from the occasional tummy ache, nappy change and needing more food, he's sleeping well both day and night.

No comments: