Thursday, November 16, 2006

A couple of firsts today; first time out in a papoose and first time in his cot in his own room. I tried the papoose a week or so ago and he was just too floppy where as now he's a bit bigger and it worked really well. Sarah Y and I went into town, I put our car seat in the back of her car and as her car can't fit both buggies I thought I'd try the papoose. We walked into town, down to Starbucks, fed our little ones had a hot chocolate, met other mums with babies. Leon quite happily fell asleep with the motion of walking. He's been asleep in his Growbag, in his own cot now for just less than an hour, whether or not he stays there all night remains to be seen, so far so good. Last night I tried him but he just wouldn't settle or sleep so at 9.30 I took him out of the grow bag and went back to blankets, He was probably too warm so tonight I've used a sleep suit without feet which seems to have done the trick. Leon only settled to sleep by midnight last night. It seems that if I get him asleep by 7-8pm, he will sleep all evening, then feed in the early hours, if he's later, he is over tired and goes into angry baby mode which means he's awake until midnight. This is just a theory and as we all know, everything is a phase, so we shall see if I'm even in the right ball park.Until I've done this a few times I doubt I'll really relax as such. I just had a couple of swigs from Toby's beer, God it tastes good!

No comments: