Friday, November 10, 2006

Little Grub

Friday already, Tob goes back to work on Monday. Physically I feel much better than a week and a half ago but I'm still feeling it down below and the various aches and pains as my body gets used to holding baby while breast feeding etc. It's all new.
Alas the 2 night run on sleeping through didn't last, he fed about 11pm, then woke up for a feed at 3.30 am and again about 5.30. I was more or less awake for about 2 hours during the night, then when it got light I asked Tob to change and settle him which worked and we all slept until about 10am.Tob's going to get a shock going to work on Monday...
We planned a trip into Ely to pick up the pictures from Tescos and some shopping from Tescos and Waitrose as we have visitors tomorrow. It took a bit to get out the door by about 2pm, down to Tescos, on the way out, Tob couldn't find his car keys so proceeded to empty all his pockets and bags and still couldn't find them. Leon by this point was hungry and needed an impromptu feed but we couldn't get into the car (I've since heard that there is a mother and baby room inside Tescos for future ref). Tob drew a blank and went off to see if they had been handed in while I jiggled Leon in my arms walking round the car wondering what on earth we would do. As I walked past Tob's door, I saw the keys in the ignition! I laughed and went to call Tob but found his phone in the heap of stuff he'd turned out of his pockets. So put Leon back in the Car seat on top of the trolley and went looking for Tob. He was very embarrassed come freaked out to think he left the keys in the ignition while we happily wondered round Tescos. Baby brain strikes again.
I fed in the car as by then Leon was beside himself crying, I thought at first that he might shut up once the car started moving but his cry was just that bit too insistent to wait. He slept all round Waitrose and when I took him out of the car seat on getting home, he didn't even wake up when I transferred him to the bouncer. This evening, he's fed on and off all evening, either this means he's having a growth spurt or he's loading up for a long night's sleep. Who knows. There's plenty of milk coming out so I don't think it's a shortage that keeps him coming back for more. I can't wait until they weigh him for the first time at the 2 week mark, I'm curious to know how we are doing.
The photos are developed for the Grandparents and Great Grandma and will be in the post tomorrow, Tob found a brilliant album, perfect handbag or desktop size for maximum showing off; it stands up too so you can pick a picture to display.
Nicknames, I have been calling Leon 'little grub' recently, I know it sounds...well not like pumpkin or pickle, you know, endearing, but I assure you it is. Anyone who has met my sister 'Worm' will know that these names tend to run in the family. It's just that when he roots and squeaks, moving his head frantically from side to side, it's the word that came to mind. I like 'little grub'... does this make me a bad mum?I've now got the pictures to go into the album Michelle did for us too. I will get sticking and go to bed. Who knows what time the next feed will be!

No comments: