Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Last night I tried starting the old bath and bed routine, so that Tob could spend some quality time with Leon. It went a bit pear shaped and because it shifted Leons bed time back an hour or two he was over tired and he didn't settle, in fact that's an understatement we were into arms and legs kung fu by midnight with inconsolable crying. At one point I put him down on the bed, cos I didn't know what to do with him or what the matter was and he kung fu'd himself sideways across the bed, most impressive. Made me laugh.
By 1am I said that's it, he can't keep his arms or legs still and he's keeping himself awake so I'm swaddling him. This really pissed him off but I stuck a boob in his mouth which shut him up and 20-30mins later he was fast asleep in the moses basket and slept through until Tob's alarm went off at 6.30.
Today he's been an angel and is spending a couple of hours awake and just looking around, wiggling and chirping away to himself.
I had a plan for when Tob got home from work so we could get him asleep between 7pm and 8pm and give Tob some time with him considering he doesn't get home until 6.45pm, i was trying to hand Toby Leon clean fed and ready for bed so he could cuddle him to sleep and put him down. Tob was upset that I was telling him what to do and he didn't get a say in what time he would get with Leon, in the end Tobe couldn't settle him and it was down to me to settle him. We talked about it and Tob would prefer to get him ready for bed when he gets home. I got him doing the wrong bit. It's still all trial and error and it doesn't help that Tob's just upset cos he misses Leon all day, I really understand that must be hard for him, I'd be upset too.
Tob and I had some cuddle time and a chance to talk about our days and what we wanted to do with the evening re. getting home from work and Leon time as appose to my trying to work out what was best without asking Tob.
Thanks to Ellen and Dan for coming round this afternoon for lunch and for doing the recycling and a bit of tidying up while I fed Leon. Bigup for Grandparents.

No comments: