Sunday, November 12, 2006

8pm and he's settled in bed upstairs. About this time I get all emotional and cry with happiness. He's so perfect and I love him so much. I don't mean perfect as in 5 fingers and toes, although that is of course a bonus, I mean perfect in that he's my son, I made him, or rather my body did. I can't explain the bond I feel it's...Love. I put on the CD I'd been playing alot up until I gave birth, Track no 1 is Debussy' Reverie. It took me straight back to the first night in Hospital. I wanted to put the CD on but thought as it was so quiet, even with headphones I might disturb people. It played round and round my head all night that first night, with Leon next to me in a plastic cot. I only dozed, still totally high on happiness, fed him and changed him then he slept on my chest as I dozed, this tune running round my head. I put it on just now and there I am crying with happiness.
It's been quite a day, we went round to M&D's for Sunday lunch Tom and Gillian joined us then after lunch, Toby's Cousin Jane with her partner came round to meet Leon, then Ellen's brother's Keith and Fred with their partners Grace and Fred's partner Sylvia and their daughter Sue. We were given some lovely gifts, also by their neighbour, Doreen. Lots of booty for Leon all good stuff. The most impressive being a hand knitted shawl complete with crochet finishing done by Sylvia's 90 year old mum. Quite a gift.
Later on when the family had all gone, Jane, Tob's flat mate from Crouch End who coincidentally moved to Cambridge just before we moved to Ely, came round to meet Leon and brought him a grizzly bear suit and a really cute baby grow in Orange with a ghost on and it say's BOO! He wasn't quite a Halloween baby but the thought is there, he does look good in orange.
Tob is now watching back the videos on his camera of Leon making noises and changing colour while farting and laughing hysterically (tob is doing the laughing, not the farting). There's a great picture coming where he looks like a pirate in Si and Ali's new outfit they brought round yesterday, how appropriate! I'm sure they will be proud of their choice.
Tob's back to work tomorrow so it will be early to bed - well 10pm I've suggested. Let's hope Leon lets us get some rest. I hope he might feed again about midnight then through until Tob has to wake up at 6.30am. Then both Leon and I can go back to sleep again for a couple of hours before the health visitor at 12 noon (will do tolken tidying of kitchen, the place is more or less straight anyway) followed by registering him and getting a birth certificate for him in town with Ellen. Cheese cake anyone?

No comments: