Saturday, November 04, 2006

I took this first thing on our first morning at home. He is feeding well and sleeps lots. It is really something to just sit and stare at each other, make faces and just be with each other.
Leon is mostly chilled but can be very insistent when it comes to food, so much like his parents really. Etonox is seriously good shit, I would recommend both childbirth and gas and air to anyone who likes to try other dimensions. The other worldly experience that is Labour - I found that you are right on the edge of lucidity and surrendering to nature but boy, you do have to take the coaching as there is definatley some important techniques.
I was right about the Kraftwerk Tour de France CD and parts breathing and endurance wise did take me back to some of the crazy endurance events I've done and as well as fanatical Spin Classes at the YMCA. It was the perfect music to give birth to. Having said that the active phase was only a couple of hours and the 2nd stage (the bit when he arrives) was under an hour which is relatively quick. Once Leon had arrived, they put him straight on my chest, it was so amazing, then I started a blood bath resulting in the room instantly filling with 20 people, 5 on each arm, the others in other nether regions, according to the birth summary I lost 800ml blood. Bit more than an armfull. Both my arms were turned into pincussions and for about 4 hours I was tapped up on both sides but able to breastfeed and chat. Leon has the makings of great side burns so rather than the billybob punk look I think what with his chilled disposition during Labour, he is more 'easy rider' and will grow up to be a biker. Posted by Picasa

No comments: