Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Sleep and massage

Good night last night, I'd managed to express about 3 1/2 floz during the day - the midwife said I could start every other day - too often and I'll confuse me boobs. We got him ready for bed, I fed him a bit while the milk warmed up and then Tob finished the job with the bottle. He is fine with the bottle, he didn't want all of it and left the last little bit so we felt sure that he'd had enough. Tob got him to sleep on his lap on a pillow and then transferred him to his cot once he was fast asleep. He slept until 12.30am, I fed him, he went straight back to sleep, no dummy needed, then he woke about 3am, I thought it was too soon so I gave him his dummy, he went back to sleep for about half hour. I thought OK, I'll change and feed him, so I did. He then went through until 8.30am, which is very civilised. I fed him again in bed and he slept on my chest while I dozed listening to the radio until about 10am. I like that bit, it's so nice to be close like that with him, I think he likes it too. He isn't sleeping on his back either (flat head and all that) so I think it's probably good as he's on me and I can keep an eye on him. He gets a long mummy hug too.
I added something new to the routine today, everyday, I wash and dress him about 10am, and after I've washed him I let him kick about naked for a bit, and if he's due a feed, I'll wrap him in a few towels and feed him nappyless (I like living dangerously). I've added a bit of massage to the routine with a drop of olive oil. I followed the instructions in my Mother and Baby magazine. He wasn't that keen, some bits he liked but he wasn't as relaxed as I've seen him be. I kept it short as he was clearly not really in the mood. Maybe tomorrow he will be up for it.

No comments: