Monday, November 13, 2006

Tob's just trying to get Leon off to sleep, he's very awake for some reason, even though he's warm, well fed and normally would be fast asleep by now. I had the health visitor visit today, I didn't get many chores done in the morning as Leon was very clingy, I think I've since worked out he might have been a bit cold which would explain him not wanting to be put down and fed alot.The Health Visitor weighed him, he's now 3.74kg/8lbs4oz which is bang on for growth, he's slightly below the middle line, so average size. Tob is about average height so that could explain it.I thought the health visitor was very good and it looks like there's quite a social support structure for 1st time mums in Ely, probably mostly because post natal depression is twice the national average due to the amount of dormitory housing where the mum is stuck up here with no family or friends while Dad works up in London. We luckily have both family and friends but this won't stop me from making the most of the facilities on offer.Then Ellen and I went into town with Leon in his bear suit from Jane, it's very cosy.
We officially registered Leon at the Registry office. His Birth cert should arrive by wednesday they said.'
We then came home for lunch, went back into town, did a bit of shopping and came back again. Leon slept all afternoon in the buggy.Apparently Leon is currently filling his nappy happily, it's not making Tob's job of settling him for the night very easy. We have had a bath, tob got him ready for bed, I fed him and Tob's now settling him. Trouble is Tob's tired and wants some PC time but isn't getting any, he of course wants Leon time too but that's quite tiring in itself.I'm practically falling asleep now (it's 10 to 10) I might just go to bed.

No comments: