Friday, November 24, 2006

Today has been much better, crabby baby wise, I got loads done this morning, had relaxed long feeds with Leon and lots of lovely moments where there's either been a smile or a look. Yesterday Amanda came round with her son Joshua who was born on the 27th Oct, he was much better behaved than Leon and while Amanda and I dealt with crabby Leon, Joshua slept soundly. We walked into town, had a coffee in Starbucks and Amanda went on to her in laws who live opposite Tob's parents and Leon and I went back home via waitrose. I'm still getting the Ahhh, a newborn! Especially strangely enough in waitrose. He always falls asleep in there, I think it's the sound of all the beeps from the tills.
Today at 2pm, Sarah Y came round with her Leah and Hayley who is due early December, it's her second so I doubt as she's almost 38 weeks, she will have much longer to wait. We nattered about births, breast feeding and all that stuff and there was noone there to get offended, freaked out or surprised as we described our toe curling breastfeeding moments etc etc.
It was good to see Hayley.
Leon is taking a while to settle this evening. I've more or less left it to Tob to settle him, he seems to drop off for half an hour or so then wake up and start up. He didn't seem particularly tired at the last feed, I might need to feed him again before he settles for the night.
I'm going to try to stay awake to watch Jonathan Ross. I reckon I'll last half way through if I'm lucky.

No comments: