Sunday, November 19, 2006

my first trip out alone with Leon

My first trip out with Leon on my own! Yep, drove to Waitrose car park with him well fed and changed. Then transferred him into a papoose for a walk to Boots. He didn't like being disturbed and moaned quite a bit. I was worried I'd caught his leg or had strapped him in wrong, but he quietened down as soon as I started walking. So Boots was easy.
Then back to the car and into the car seat again for a trip round waitrose. Again, he didn't like being disturbed, and actually cried a bit even after I started pushing him round the store. He just wanted a bit of a hug - I've found that putting him down then doing a little circle on his chest quietens him down.
Then, as long as I kept the trolly moving, he was fine, just dozing. Now I know why you see people rocking their prams back and forth... though it's a bit more work doing it with a laden shopping trolly I'll tell ya.
Trip home was uneventful and infact he slept until C fed him. He's just being changed now, then we're off to Cambridge again (Mothercare)... only ooooh 3h later than we'd planned!

PS C says she was fine while he was gone, but it's the first time he's been not by her side, apart from a short trip round the block with my parents in the pushchair. I think it must have been nerves - she's cleaned the whole house!

No comments: