Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Let me introduce you to Matthew, my Godson, Sarah's 2nd. He's 7 weeks old to Leon's one week. It's amazing to think that in a year or so that will mean nothing. Today to see Matthew next to Leon was amazing, he was twice the size, especially his head. He's still a cutie. It will be amazing to see them both turn into young boys. Sarah came round bearing gifts for Leon, some of Matthew's out grown boys stuff and a Snowsuit, a really cool one. It's enormous now but it will be perfect for Holland this Christmas. It was nice to hear about Sarah's trials and tribulations 6 weeks ahead of where I am now. Her breast feeding feedback and comments were as handy as the Midwife who came later today and definatley more relevant. My boots arrived today too, I decided my giving birth present to myself would be some new boots for the winter. They were online and very reasonable in price. Having tried them on, they are very comfy and nice leather with a sole that can be repaired (as apose to a moulded pair that last just the one year) so I decided I would keep these (I've already sent one sort back). They are dealer boots with a calf attachent so they look like riding boots but you can take the top part of if you are wearing trousers.
Sandra, my midwife was on holiday last week when I gave birth but now she's back we caught up a bit, she seemed happy with his progress. Then she pricked Leon's foot to take little samples to test for a list of rare diseases. He went mental of course but the second she was done, he settled back down immediately.
The last few hours he's fed every hour and a half or so, which is frequent for him. I recon he's as much thirsty as hungry. Tob's trying to console him, we are trying to work out if it's more food or sleep he wants. It's just gone 7pm so it could be the grizzles. Tob's just changed yet another wet nappy so it's certainly going through him. His digestive system has only been working a week bless him.
I booked our boat to Holland for Christmas. I've so been looking forward to being able to do that; to book Leon's place on the boat. Now to sort out a passport for him. Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Glidergoth said...

Actually, regards Matthew's head size, we do seem to breed them with big heads (although his was a whole centimetre smaller than E's!).

I put the grizzles down to the weather - M was a pain in the arse last night too demanding far too frequent feeds : ) He's got his first jabs later this morning so that'll make him a jolly chap to be with later.