Sunday, November 05, 2006

Cheeks!

Day 5 and he's filling out!! My milk is coming through and my boobs feel like they have been stuffed with hot wet flannels, they are ridiculous in size too. I guess that they will go down over the next few days. They are doing the trick though and Leon is well fed and doing proper poos.Earlier this evening on changing him before a feed, he peed for the first time without his nappy on. I caught it no problem but we were just happy and proud!He is according to the breast feeding books I have, Leon is a guzzler; he feeds long, in 3-4 courses with changes inbetween and burping over about an hour and stuffs himself, then goes a good 3-4 hours between feeds as appose to grazing and feeding more often. Then he mostly sleeps (see picture above this morning with Tob too).Today's military operation started with his first ever bath (he's been top'n'tailed) followed by a visit to M&D's. I thought a good start would be to have him in the bath with me - I would get in and tob would hand him to me and then I hand him back. It worked well. I was expecting after the histrionics we got washing and changing him (he really doesn't like being naked whatever the temperature), but he really liked it. I put him on my knees and gently lowered him into the water and within a minute I was swishing him around he looked really chilled and loved it. I handed him back to tob and he started crying again but was fine once he was dressed.Then getting to M&D's by the time we'd fed, changed, he pooed, changed, put on a wash and got knows what else, it was about 1.30 by the time we got there.Lunch was lovely then between courses Leon started crying, I went through the whole list before I realised it was another pooey nappy, that's two in one day - up to now, he's only done one in a day so I wasn't expecting it. I will be checking more frequently now :)Then Ellen suggested we have a sleep while they took Leon out in their Silver Cross, fabulous idea. Out like a light. They had him back in time for his feed. Posted by Picasa

No comments: